NSW Ageing Strategy
Read the NSW Ageing Strategy:
At a glance:
Ageing in NSW fact sheet in other languages:
Arabic (PDF), Chinese Simplified (PDF), Chinese Traditional (PDF), Croatian (PDF), Greek (PDF), Italian (PDF), Korean (PDF), Macedonian (PDF), Maltese (PDF), Polish (PDF), Portuguese (PDF), Russian (PDF),Spanish (PDF), Vietnamese (PDF)
NSW Ageing Strategy Update Newsletters
NSW Ageing Strategy Progress Reports
Read the NSW Ageing Strategy First Progress Report:
NSW Ageing Strategy Evaluation
Regional Ageing Strategies
NSW Population Ageing Trends
Read about population ageing in NSW:
Evaluation of the Tech Savvy Seniors Program
Preventing and Responding to Abuse of Older People
The Council on the Ageing NSW (COTA NSW) is the peak organisation for people over 50 in NSW. For fact sheets on a wide range of important issues click here.
Seniors Information Service Resources
Need more information about options as you, or a friend or family member, grow older?
Seniors Information Service can help you find answers to questions like these:
- What concessions am I entitled to for transport, health care or general living costs?
- Where can I go to learn to use a computer and the Internet?
- How do I go about applying for a pension?
- What are my housing options? How do I find out about retirement villages and what they offer? And how do they differ from hostels or nursing homes?
- Where can I go to volunteer my time and skills, now that I’ve retired?
- How do I organise support in my home to help me with self-care, housework or gardening?
- If or when the time comes, how do I find a good nursing home in my local area?
We can provide contact details for legal, health or financial services that are qualified to advise you, ideally within your local community.
Call us on 13 77 88 (for the cost of a local call from throughout NSW).
If English is your second language and you would like an interpreter to help you with your enquiry, please call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 13 14 50.
You will need Acrobat Reader to view these documents: